KYRF Architecture, in line with our own personal values, works to minimise and reduce negative environmental impact and promote sustainability.
- Reduce to a minimum our use of energy (fossil or renewable)
- Reduce our use of water and make more use of waste water and rainwater
- Alter our pattern of transport use to reduce our contribution of greenhouse gas emissions
- Separate our waste streams, re-use, recycle and compost materials wherever possible
- Only purchase products and use suppliers that meet strict environmental and ethical criteria
- Maintain a healthy working environment for staff
- Avoid products and finishes that are harmful to health
KYRF architecture continuously seeks ways to reduce dependency fossil fuels with the objective of ultimately eliminating their use altogether.
The office space heating and hot water is provided by a combination of gas and electricity supplied by OVO Energy on a 100% renewable tariff. However, we will seek to reduce our use of gas to a minimum. We will aim to reduce our CO2 emissions by adopting the following strategies:
- During winter maintain a maximum office temperature of 21ºC
- Ensure all windows are closed when heating is on
- Give a preference to best of class energy performance when ordering electronic equipment
- Buy only energy efficient computers and TFT monitors
- Ensure all computer equipment is put to ‘sleep’ mode when not in use and turned off at night
KYRF Architecture seeks ways to reduce its use of water.
We have low flow taps to our wash hand basins and sinks and dual flush WC’s.
KYRF Architecture seeks ways to reduce travel by road and promotes walking, cycling and rail / bus travel where possible. We aim to restrict our projects and traveling distance to within a 50-mile radius of Norwich. Travel to meet with clients and visit sites within Norwich will generally be undertaken by cycling or walking. Travel to destinations outside Norwich is by rail if possible or by road if not.
KYRF Architecture seeks ways to reduce our waste production by re-use and recycling. We currently re-use waste paper for rough printing and only recycle paper when both sides have been used. We carefully separate all card, glass, cans, tins and plastic bottles for recycling. End-of-life computer and electrical equipment will be given to local charities for re-use.
KYRF Architecture is committed to promoting good environmental and ethical practice through its purchasing policies. For example, we only buy:
- 100% post-consumer recycled paper for stationery, envelopes and printing
- Locally grown food where possible
- Non-toxic cleaning products
We aim to purchase mainly from small
local companies where possible and look for suppliers and service providers with
good ethical standards.